The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services,Global has examined 19 vendors in the MMS space, and Techstep is the only vendor recognised as a Challenger.
In order to qualify for the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services, providers must meet all of the following inclusion criteria:
- Have at least 1.25 million smart mobile devices (exclusive of “dumb” phones) under management globally by the end of October 2021.
- Support at least 25% of their installed base outside their home region by the end of October 2021.
- Generate at least 25% of their MMS revenue through internal resources.
- Manage mobile assets and related processes in at least three of the geographies identified in Gartner user and vendor surveys:
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
- North America
- Serve the same client in at least three regions.
- Deliver managed laptops for at least one client.
- Deliver all five MMS categories:
- Sourcing and logistics management
- Managed UEM
- Security management
- Financial management
- Program management (including professional services)
In the report, Gartner talks about how enterprises seek tools, skills, process, governance and discipline related to MMS to ensure that their mobile devices are operationally effective and managed at a competitive cost (including when compared with the cost of managing the devices internally).
– A validation that we are on the right track
– We at Techstep are very pleased with our positioning in this Gartner report, says Mads Vårdal, Chief Product Officer at Techstep ASA.
– We are now strengthened in our conviction that our products and solutions will also be well received by European users and partners. In our view, this analysis makes it clear to customers who are considering different vendors that Techstep should be included in their evaluation, continues Vårdal.
His point has already been well understood by more than 2 000 enterprise Techstep customers across several industries in both the private and public sector, and you can read many of their stories in the case study section of the Techstep website.
Going forward, Techstep will continue to transform into a software and recurring services company targeting strong growth and geographic expansion in the Nordics and in Europe. Techsteps aims to be the leading European mobile technology enabler for customers that want to work smarter and more sustainably.
– We hope that this analysis can help our partners, both existing and potential, towards a new understanding of the highly important work we’ve done to build and professionalise our product and service portfolio in recent years. To us, this is a validation that we are on the right track, says Vårdal.
MMS the Techstep way
Vårdal also underlines that Techstep’s position is the result of years of strategic development to provide our customers with industry-leading solutions. These have also been packaged so as to offer corporations services that maximise the benefit to both the company and its employees:
SmartDevice is a complete and sustainable solution that helps enterprises integrate and manage forward and reverse logistics of all mobile devices – getting them out to users when they’re new and back again at the end of the unit’s life. This lets users choose, fix and replace mobile devices whilst enterprises have visibility and cost control over all mobile devices.
SmartControl experts deliver best practice implementations, support and proactive services. We manage and secure the entire mobile ecosystem of your enterprise by combining Apple and Google Android knowledge and best-in-class software. This ensures that your devices and apps are always compliant, secure and up-to-date.
SmartWorks transforms everyday deskless working practices. By combining the right software, hardware and services, we bring power to the fingertips of frontline workers – enhancing usability, productivity and performance whilst reducing environmental impact.
– Techstep appreciates the recognition from Gartner. We will continue to challenge our competitors in this industry. We encourage anybody looking into these kinds of services to seek out the full report on the Gartner website or to reach out to us at Techstep. We look forward to discussing how we can help you with the specific needs of your company, says Vårdal.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Techstep.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Techstep is a mobile technology company that enables organisations to perform smartly, securely and sustainably through combining software, mobile devices and services to meet customers´ business and ESG goals. We are a leading provider of managed mobility services in the Nordics serving more than 2 000 customers in Europe, with an annual revenue of NOK 1.3 billion in 2021. We are listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker TECH