With more than 2.150 research and advisory experts doing rigorous analysis for clients in more than 100 countries worldwide, Gartner is an established authority in the IT sector.
Their experts regularly perform assessments on vendors, suppliers and solutions in many industries, and their opinions are highly valued by professionals tasked with selecting suppliers for various businesses.
The global 2022 edition of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Mobility Services was just released. Out of 19 vendors in this study, only four are placed in the top half for their «Ability to execute». Techstep is one of these four, and also the only one to be named a «Challenger».
Targeting business outcomes
– [Techstep] has grown both organically and through complementary acquisitions such as B2B mobility software and solutions Optidev, digitalization specialist eConnectivity and software company FAMOC, writes Gartner in the study.
The acquisition of Crypho was announced in early May and is therefore not a part of this year's analysis. However, the solutions from this acquisition will serve as a further reinforcement of the security aspects of Techstep’s service portfolio. The report lists three points as strengths for Techstep as a supplier:
Big focus on self-service: Techstep resolves 60%-plus of all help desk incidents via self-heal or self-service portal. This is the outcome of deploying Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) and is among the highest among the providers in this research.
Targets business outcomes: The vision for the managed mobility proposition with the clear tag line “Make work mobile” starts by identification of the mobility potential and a measurable outcome. Techstep is also one of few providers that includes sustainability considerations in its strategy.
Standardized travel kit: Techstep offers a standardized travel kit for sensitive countries such as China, Israel, Iran and Pakistan with dedicated Apple or Samsung devices configured with travel kit restrictions, nonsensitive data and restricted and secure voice and SMS apps installed, and a VPN for the users.
An important validation
In order to qualify for the Gartner Magic Quadrant for MMS, providers must meet all of the following inclusion criteria:
- Have at least 1.25 million smart mobile devices (exclusive of “dumb” phones) under management globally by the end of October 2021.
- Support at least 25% of their installed base outside their home region by the end of October 2021.
- Generate at least 25% of their MMS revenue through internal resources
– We at Techstep are very pleased with our positioning in Gartner's analysis, says Mads Vårdal, Chief Product Officer at Techstep ASA.
– In our view, the analysis provides clarity for customers who are considering different suppliers in the mobile area to confidently include Techstep in their evaluation. We also hope that it can help our partners – both existing and potential – towards a new understanding of the highly important work we’ve done to build and professionalize our product and service portfolio in recent years. To us, this is a validation that we are on the right track, says Vårdal.
If you would like to read the report, click here for complimentary access to the research.